Things to do
Paradise Cove is an ideal base from where from where you can explore the magnificent and diverse Garden Route.
A Golfer's Paradise
- 15 golf courses in the vicinity (a radius of 75 km)
- The world renowned 'Fancort Golf Club Estate' in George is the world's second best golf course (President's Cup in 2003)
- Surfing / Body boarding / Kite surfing
- Canoeing on the lagoons, maybe bird watching or just swimming in the sea or sunbathing on the beach or at the pool
Sights Seeing, Explore the Garden Route
- A must are the towns of Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Oudtshorn and Mosselbay, where there are museums and many tempting shopping-opportunities.
- Nature reserves, game- and safari parks, like Wilderness- or Tsitsikamma National Park
- A ride on the power van up the Outeniqua Mountains with a picnic.
Wining and Dining
A full breakfast will be served in our breakfast room or in the garden.
- For lunch /dinner information will be provided on a broad selection of reasonable to excellent / first class restaurants. The cost of dining by European standards is very reasonable.
- Excellent South African wines are offered even in restaurants for moderate prices.
- Regional specialties are meat: mostly perfect beef (Steaks), lamb,ostrich, game (springbok, kudu, crocodile, etc.)
- Fish is very fresh and of excellent quality.
- Vegetables are ripened under the sun and of unexpected taste.
- Exotic and well known fruits of top quality.
- The tap water is clean and drinkable.
- There are supermarkets and a new shopping mall in George.
- On Saturdays there is a weekly farmer's market in George and Sedgefield, providing also a good selection of crafts.